This module is same module as the same "Category Menu With News Count" posted by spamhater. The difference is it removed the ul/li list from the menu and customize it with css 3 style. The module is pretty simple but yet powerful for those website that want to add categories automatically with the news and articles counted without modify any Datalife Engine files only require a few lines of CSS styles and include file into the theme.
- Automatically generate the category list from the category cache files and database
- Use cache to reduce the server loading and resources
- Automatically count all news in both main categories and sub-categories and make the total count in main categories
- Supports category icons (useful for those who use category icons like file hosts and different category icons)
- Very simple to install without modify any DLE files
- Easy to customize in CSS
- Can set cache to how often to update the article count and category list
This module only tested on 9.6 and 9.7, if you are using older version please prefer to "Category Menu With News Count" posted by spamhater, however, this module may work on older versions but I don't personally check it.