BigDump does staggered import of large and very large MySQL Dumps (like phpMyAdmin 2.x Dumps) even through the web servers with hard runtime limit and those in safe mode. The script executes only a small part of the huge dump and restarts itself. The next session starts where the last was stopped.
Developer website: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/
- Bigdump script bigdump.php from the download link
- Dump file(s) of your database created by phpMyAdmin I’ll call it my_dle_backup.sql from now on. You can also use GZip compressed dump files, lets call it my_dle_backup.gz.
- Access account for your mySQL database
- Access account for some web server with PHP 4.1.0 or later installed. This web server must be able to connect to the mySQL database. This ability is probably present if your web server and the mySQL server are from the same ISP.
- Some text editor like Notepad to edit the configuration file
- Some FTP client to upload the files to the web server
- Common knowledge about files, PHP, mySQL databases, phpMyAdmin, FTP and HTTP
Before you upload bigdump.php file to your server, open the file and find:
Add the information for your database server and then upload to your server...
The alternative great software is "Mydumper A high-performance MySQL backup tool" Developer Website and latest version downloads: http://www.mydumper.org/