1. The distribution kit includes three completely new templates. These templates are created according to HTML5 standards. They are perfectly adapt both to dekstop browsers, and to tablets and smartphones. Also, vector graphics was used in these templates. It leads to their high-quality displaying on HiDPI (Retina) displays.
2. A new type of publications extra field is added: "Image". Field of this type allows user to upload an image for an article, which will be shown later when displaying news on the website. For this type of field you can set such parameters as: size and dimensions limits, creation of a small copy of the image, dimensions of a small image, application of a watermark. Therefore, this type of field simplifies the process of the articles creation. For example, you can set different types of images (posters, screenshots, etc.) and adjust their displaying in the template. So, when user publishes the article, he/she only needs to upload every needed image in a single click.
3. A new type of publications extra field is added: "File". Field of this type allows user to upload an image for the article, which then will be downloaded as an attachment. For this type of field you can set such parameters as: file extensions which are allowed to be uploaded, and a maximum size of the file. Therefore, this type of field simplifies the process of the articles creation. For example, you can set different types of downloadable files, including images (wallpapers with different resolutions) and adjust their displaying in the template. So, when user publishes the article, he/she only needs to upload every needed file in a single click.
4. A new type of publications extra field is added: "'Yes' or 'No' Switcher". When editing the article, the field of this type is displayed as 'Yes'/'No' (On/Off) switcher. This field displays 'Yes' or No' as its values, depending on what was set when the article has been created. However, the main purpose of this field is the management of [xfgiven_X] text [/xfgiven_X] and [xfnotgiven_X] text [/xfnotgiven_X] fields. If the switcher is On, then a text between [xfgiven_X] text [/xfgiven_X] tags is displayed, whereas [xfnotgiven_X] text [/xfnotgiven_X] removes it, and vice versa. Thus, these extra fields allow you to easily adjust the displayed information for every article in templates of the website. For example, you can enable or disable the displaying of some descriptive tabs on a page, or arrange a gallery of screenshots or posters, etc.
5. For articles’ extra fields that have "List" type, a new feature is added that allows a website administrator to create pairs of separate list item values, where the firs value is seen by a user who creates or reads the article and the second value is seen by a website administrator. Separation symbol '|' should be used in the list of values for this when adding the field, for example: Y|Yes. Website administrator sees 'Yes', but 'Y' is displayed on the website to simple users and visitors.
6. "List" type extra fields of user profiles are now also have the ability to contain pairs of values, where the firs value is seen by a user who creates or reads the article and the second value is seen by a website administrator. Again, separation symbol '|' should be used in the list of values for this when adding the field, for example: Y|Yes. Website administrator sees 'Yes', but 'Y' is displayed on the website to simple users and visitors.
7. "Use as Cross-hyperlinks" mode for the article extra fields is significantly redesigned and improved. If this option is enabled for the field, then articles search by the field value is based on a complete coincidence of other articles’ values of this particular field. For example, if you previously created "Production year" field, and you set a particular value 2015, and at the same time you had another article with, let’s say, an uploaded image which has 2015 in its path, then the old system would find both articles, as the search was carried out simply by the match of a search word. It led to the fact that sometimes in a search results list there were articles that were not quite expected. The new system will find articles which has 2015 value in "Production year" field only. Other fields and their values are no longer taken into account, allowing more advanced use of additional fields for the organization of cross-linking with each other, for example: by the production year, actors, directors, etc. A new type of search is automatically applied to the newly added articles only. If you want the old available articles to be involved in this search system, then you need to run the articles rebuilding in "Articles Rebuilding" of Administration Panel, and thus the index values of fields for old available articles will be created.
8. A new feature is added that allows to display additional extra fields in the main template (main.tpl) when watching a full article on the website. In this template you can use the same tags as for the displaying of additional fields in the full article and article annotation templates to do this. These tags are: [xfgiven_X] text [/xfgiven_X], [xfnotgiven_X] text [/xfnotgiven_X] and [xfvalue_X]
9. [ifxfvalue tagname="tagvalue"] Text [/ifxfvalue] tags are now supported in templates which have article extra fields. The text between these tags is displayed if the extra field value matches the specified value. Also, [ifxfvalue tagname!="tagvalue"] Text [/ifxfvalue] tags are added, and text between them will be displayed if the extra field value does not match the specified value, where tagmane is a name of the extra field, and tagvalue is its value. For example, if [ifxfvalue test="m"] Male[/ifxfvalue] is written, then its " Male " content text will be displayed if "m" value will be set as a value of test field during the article creation. This offers great opportunities for the creation of different templates designs depending on the various fields values set during the articles creation. For example, you can apply a different design depending on the selected item when you create a field with “List” type.
10. Extra fields displaying during the fast editing of articles is improved. Additional supporting CSS classes for Edit form are added for this, which can be used for a field designing when fast editing.
11. Now user can specify a desired username to be used on the website when logging in using social networks. Username is requested only at the first login to the website using a social network account and will be automatically used in the future. This feature is useful for those visitors of your website who do not want to use data which was automatically obtained from a social network, e.g. when first and last name are used as a username.
12. Emoticons for HiDPI (Retina) displays are supported. Two versions of emoticons are used for this: normal-resolution version and high-resolution version. If display has a normal pixel density, then normal emoticons are used. If display has HiDPI (Retina) density, then high-resolution versions are used. Determination of display and choice of emoticons are performed automatically. You only need to place two versions of emoticons into the emoticon directory for this. For example: smile.gif for normal-resolution emoticons and email@example.com for HiDPI (Retina) emoticons. If you don’t have a high-resolution version of emoticons, then a normal-resolution emoticons will be used.
13. 60 new emoticons are included in the distribution kit. All of them have HiDPI (Retina) displays support.
14. Emoticons with .png extension are automatically supported now. Support is also carried out automatically. You just need to copy emoticon files with .png extension into emoticons folder and specify the name of the emoticon in the script settings.
Read more on dle-news.com