I came across the issue on DLE Admin Password today, I got one of friends sent me DLE database without password for DLE admin account, so when I restored the database on my localhost and then problem happen because the user doesn't send me admin password, so I have to find the way to reset password, but the problem is I don't set mail server on my localhost to send email with new password, so I found some good article that show how to reset password so easily.
This tutorial is written by one of DLE expert at http://weboss.net RooTM
Here are the step to reset DLE Admin Password:
- Login to your phpMyAdmin to access to database you want to reset password
- When you are in phpMyAdmin, click on database name on left side (for DLE database you want to reset password)
- Scroll down until to see "dle_users" database table and click on that table
- Now you will see the list of usernames on right pane, click on one of admin user to reset password, usually the username will be listed by user_id, user_id #1 is the primary admin account when you first installed DLE but you can reset password for any admin account, in my case I reset user_id #1
- Click on "Edit" link (with edit icon) then you will have column named "password" you will see encrypted password code like "8fcf4065a4ec8a6284c9074a87d70fcc" for example...replace that with d9b1d7db4cd6e70935368a1efb10e377
- Click "Go" button to save the setting...
- Now the new password for that admin account is 123
- Go to your website and login using this password...you must change to the new password for security...
Tested on 9.2,9.3,9.4,9.5,9.6 but I assume it will work with all versions.
In case of your admin account is logged because you have tried so many times then the account was logged and blocked until period of time, then you can change the setting value in /engine/data/config.php using ftp, simply find:
This setting is for "Maximum number of login error" in system settings, you can increase the number (most of dle sites or default is set to "5") increase it to 6 or more...so that you can login right the way...